Terms and Conditions
Online purchase Terms and Conditions
About these Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions "we," “our” and "us" mean OraSure Technologies, Inc., and "you" means you the customer. In these terms and conditions, certain words spelled with initial capital letters are defined terms. For your ease of reference these defined terms are listed together at the end of the terms and conditions. These terms and conditions together with your Order Confirmation constitute the Contract between us and you for the supply of Products. The Contract cannot be varied unless we agree to vary it in writing.
Placing Your Order
- To place an Order you must be 17 years of age or over and live within the Continental United States.
- You may place an Order by:
- Filling in the Order Form on the OraSure eCommerce Web Site. You are responsible for correctly entering all requested information.
- When you place your Order, we will issue you an Order Number.
- By placing an Order, you make an offer to us to purchase the Products you have selected on these terms and conditions. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion.
- We will send your Order Confirmation to you by email provided you have indicated an email address on your Order Form. The Order Confirmation will be effective on sending. If we cannot accept your Order we will attempt to contact you by email or telephone.
- While we will make every effort to supply you with the Products listed on the Order Confirmation, there may be occasions where we are unable to supply these Products. In such circumstances we will contact you to inform you of such.
- Information contained in our advertising, brochures, other written materials, on our web sites or given to you by our agents or employees are provided for information purposes only. No such information constitutes an offer or commitment by us to supply any Products.
Supply of Your Products
Subject to these terms and conditions, we will supply to you the Products indicated on your Order Confirmation.
- The price for the Products will be the price indicated on your Order.
- Delivery costs are payable by you as indicated on your Order.
Paying for Your Products
- You may pay for your Products by the methods of payment as displayed on the payment section of the OraSure eCommerce Web Site.
- Orders may be paid for using the following credit cards only: VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
- You must supply your credit card details when you place your Order. Your credit card will be charged when your order has been shipped. We will not process your Order until your credit card issuer has authorized the use of your card for payment of the Products ordered. If we do not receive payment authorization we will let you know. We reserve the right to verify the identity of the credit card holder by requesting appropriate documentation.
- We will send Products ordered by you to the shipping address indicated on your Order Confirmation.
Delivery of Your Products
- We will use our reasonable effort to deliver your Products in a timely manner. Orders placed through our website are processed within 1 business day. Upon shipping from our Distribution Center, your order will be delivered (or received) within five to ten (5 to 10) business days via Standard Shipping and within two (2) days via 2-Day Expedited Shipping.
- Upon delivery of the Products to our carrier we will update you with a confirmation of shipment from the OraSure eCommerce Web Site.
Your Right to Return the Products
- Your complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal. However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you may request a refund. An original receipt and proof of purchase is required to process your refund. For instructions on how to receive a refund, please call 1-866-436-6527.
- THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY IS AS FOLLOWS:
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE FULL EXTENT OF OUR OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES IN RESPECT OF THE SUPPLY OF THE PRODUCTS;
- THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS THAT ARE BINDING ON US EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE CONTRACT; AND
- ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION OR OTHER TERM CONCERNING THE PRODUCTS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED INTO OR INCORPORATED IN THE CONTRACT BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED TERM AS TO QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, AND REASONABLE CARE) IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, ORASURE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT USE OF OUR PRODUCTS WILL PRODUCE FALSE NEGATIVE OR FALSE POSITIVE RESULTS, SO ACCURATE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER THE CONTRACT FOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF DATA OR FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND HOWSOEVER ARISING AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE.
- OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THE CONTRACT WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE SHALL IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAYABLE BY YOU TO US IN RESPECT OF THE PRODUCT(S) IN QUESTION.
- THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY IS AS FOLLOWS:
You can contact us by telephone on 1-866-436-6527, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When contacting us in relation to an Order you have placed, please have your Order Number available.
Circumstances beyond our reasonable control
We will make every effort to perform our obligations under the Contract. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays or failure to perform if such delay or failure is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control. In the event of a delay, we will perform our obligations as soon as reasonably possible.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contract is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in state or federal courts located in Pennsylvania and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action.
- Our failure to enforce any term of the Contract shall not constitute a waiver of any term. Such failure shall in no way affect our rights to enforce such term.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Contract shall not adversely affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- In these terms and conditions:
- "OraSure eCommerce Web Site" means our web site for customers, the web address of which is http://shop.oraquick.com
- "Contract" means these terms and conditions together with your Order Confirmation;
- "Order" means an order placed by you in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- "Order Confirmation" means the order confirmation issued by us to you indicating acceptance of your Order;
- "Order Form" means the electronic order form on the OraSure eCommerce Web Site;
- "Product" means any product listed on the OraSure eCommerce Web Site which we agree to supply to you on these terms and conditions.